LOTUS Thyagaraja aradhana 2019
DATE: SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 23rd, 2019
TIME: 8:45 AM TO 9:00 PM
VENUE: SANATANA DHARMA KENDRA
3102 Landess Ave, San Jose, CA 95132
Phone: 408 481 9242
9:00 am : Pancharatnam - open to All
Shruti: G (5)
Assembly time: 8.45 AM
Pancharatnam will include Shriganapatini and Geetarthtamu.
11:00 am onwards : Individual & group participations of krithi renditions
We are excited to announce the 4th Annual Thyagaraja Aradhana mahotsavam 2019 in association with Sanatana Yaksha Ranga Cultural Center (SYRCC) at Sanatana Dharma Kendra.
Thanks for your overwhelming response and we received 100+ registrations with 130+ participants.
Thank you also to those who are volunteering for various tasks and bringing food.
Thanks to those of you or your children who are volunteering - its a big help for us as well as we hope they will enjoy volunteering in this grand event.
One the day of the event:
Participants should report at the registration desk 30-60 mins before the beginning of the block time so that you can get your number and be ready. It will be on a first come first serve basis.
Block - Reporting time
11:30 am - 1:00 pm - 10:30 am
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm - 12:30 pm
3:00 pm - 5:00 pm - 2:30 pm
5:00 pm - 7:00 pm - 4:30 pm
7:00 pm - 9.00 pm - 6:30 pm
Please stick to the guidelines so we can be within time for everyone:
1. Participants must render ONLY compositions of Saint Tyagaraja.
2. Participants must limit their rendition to 5 mins.
3. NO manOdharmam is permitted - kriti rendition only.
Tambura will be provided
Mridangist will be provided for most participants depending on availability. Please reach out to us if any mrigandagists want to accompany.
We need your help in bringing food so we can provide it all thru the day starting with breakfast and mainly for lunch.
Here is the sign-up sheet.
Thanks for those who have contacted us. If others are interested, here's some of the tasks that we need help on.
Registration desk, Food/Backstage, MC to announce participants names and Parking guidance (especially 11:00 to 3.00 pm).
Sign up for available slots using the link below
Since we are expecting a large turnout, here are some of the parking spots once the temple parking lot fills up. Please try to carpool as much as possible to make it easier.
- On the street towards east on Landess Ave after the temple
- On the street behind the temple on Laneview Dr along Laneview Elementary School
- On the street towards south on Morrill Ave starting from a block away to lots of space in front of Morrill Middle School 2-3 blocks away
- On the street towards north on Park Victoria Dr near to the Milpitas Christian Preschool a block to 2 blocks away
Email us at email@example.com for any questions.
We look forward to a great day of divine music.
LOTUS Team & SYRCC