Procedure to Perform
It is our distinct pleasure to welcome you to perform for LOTUS. As most of you know, LOTUS is an organization comprised entirely of volunteers. Volunteers dedicate time and effort to give our local artists a stage to showcase their musical talent.
Please note that LOTUS is a non-profit community organization of volunteers. All our events are free and LOTUS does not provide any travel or airfare nor do we offer any type of fees or remuneration to artistes or accompanists for their performances.
The following is the set of policies and requirements to perform for LOTUS. Kindly review this thoroughly and do contact us in case you have any questions or concerns.
- To perform you must be a resident of California. LOTUS is currently dedicated to promoting local talent in California.
- Artists are responsible to arrange for their own accompanists. Feel free to contact any of accompanists listed on LOTUS Artists page.
IMPORTANT! We require all LOTUS artistes (both Senior and Junior) to VOLUNTEER at one concert prior to their own scheduled concert
- This requirement applies to main artiste only and not to their accompanists.
- Your volunteering requirement must be met prior to the date of your scheduled performance.
- Both Senior and Junior Artistes are expected to volunteer.
- All volunteers are expected to arrive 30-minutes prior to the start of the first concert and will need to be present for the entire length of the all scheduled events for the date they have volunteered, plus initial preparation/setup and cleanup time. We expect that this will take up no more than 3-4 hours of your time, once a year.
- The tasks LOTUS needs help with are setup and clean up of chairs and stage, sound system setup and support, and with Program Host/MC duties.
- For child artistes below the age of 15, LOTUS requests their parents as volunteers.
- The volunteering requirement will not be waived under any circumstances. It is now a pre-requisite for all LOTUS artistes.
PROCEDURE TO PERFORM - 45 min and 75 min slots
To perform in slot, please include the artist's music bio along with Youtube clip of piece with Alapana, Neraval, swarams in the Additional Comments column of the Google form when submitting the request.
Please fill the Google Request form - https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1HkFle3Gmx2c9fCLn8LNI1rEgnNUMBThIRzD33qRY4BI/viewform
We will get back to you on the next available slot.
PPROCEDURE TO PERFORM - 2 hour slot
To perform in this slot, every interested artist must undergo the screening process, which is conducted by a group of anonymous knowledgeable musicians and bay area music conoisseurs. The board requires a bio and a Youtube recording of any one complete concert performance preferably a Ragam-Tanam-Pallavi (or the equivalent in hindustani music)
Please fill the Google request form - https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1HkFle3Gmx2c9fCLn8LNI1rEgnNUMBThIRzD33qRY4BI/viewform
Once screening is completed, the artist will be notified of which slot he/she falls in soon.
All 2 hour slot artists are required to perform a ragam-tanam-pallavi or a detailed main piece with raagam,tanam, niraval & swaram in their carnatic concert the day of the LOTUS program (and the equivalent in a hindustani concert).